Buttons for First Night Harrisonburg 2013 will go on sale today, Monday, December 17. This year marks the 20th anniversary of this community New Year’s celebration to be held on December 31, 2012 from 6:00 p.m. to midnight in downtown Harrisonburg.
Admission to all First Night venues, performances, and activities requires the purchase of a First Night button. Presale buttons are $6.00 each and are available at the following locations:
- Daily News-Record – 231 South Liberty Street, Harrisonburg
- Downtown Books – 49 W. Water Street, Suite B, Harrisonburg
- Friendly City Food Co-op – 150 East Wolfe Street, Harrisonburg
- Glen’s Fair Price Store – 227 North Main Street, Harrisonburg
- Hardesty Higgins House – 212 South Main Street, Harrisonburg
- Massanutten Regional Library – 174 South Main Street, Harrisonburg
- Massanutten Resort General Store – 1822 Resort Drive, McGaheysville
- Red Front Super Market – 677 Chicago Avenue, Harrisonburg
- Stonewall Jackson Inn and Bed & Breakfast – 547 East Market St., Harrisonburg
- Summit Bank – 224 South Main Street, Harrisonburg
Buttons will also be available for $8.00 each, beginning at 5:00 pm on the night of the event, at the Harrisonburg City School Board office at One Court Square in downtown Harrisonburg. Children ages five and under are admitted free. Attendees are required to wear their button on the outside of their clothing so that volunteers can offer them quick access to venues.
First Night Harrisonburg highlights the arts and brings the community together by transforming retail stores, churches, and downtown businesses into performance venues that showcase local and regional talents. Entertainment will include many community favorites such as live music, comedy, children’s activities, a grand finale fireworks show, and more.
For more information, please visit www.firstnightharrisonburg.com.